Monday, January 26, 2015

Count it all joy... James 1:2

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-3

I met one of my friends in November 2014, he was happy and excited as he had a steady job and a good income. He was very optimistic about even opening his own business in the new year. The same friend called me last week, his voice was shaky and was barely covering the sob that was about to break out. He told me that he lost his job and all his money. A friend who anticipated glorious things to happen this new year, was staring at a bleak future. Life was punishing him for reasons unknown.

Well, this happens to everyone of us. The intensity of our trials may vary but there will be trials in everyones life and we all react to it. We exhibit anger, sadness, fear, disgust, etc., Human emotions are complex. But God makes complexity simple. He tells us to count it all joy ('How can I do it?' was my first reaction, 'crazy' was my second). But God made me to realize something beautiful through the words, 'let him' which is mentioned in the following verses of James 1st chapter. Yes, I can do it and after all, it is not crazy at all... I draw all my experience, all my knowledge, all my understanding and cast it all aside and let me absolutely surrender to God and acknowledge i am weak and He is strong. When I realize God reigns, I know that this is a testing of my faith and God who is in control will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear (I Cor 10:13). So, Count is all joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment